Most people jump directly to Sci-fi movies on hearing the term Artificial Intelligence. AI is nothing more but a machine-powered version of human cognitive skills. These machines can interact with a human easily and grasp complex concepts from the data they have. Like humans, they can interpret, reason, and learn but at a much faster rate and more extensive scale.
In this digital age of deep learning, humans are helping and guiding AI to reach its most genuine potential. There are many ways how AI is changing the marketing industry.
AI can help marketers in making most services automated. Like answering repetitive questions and helping customers reach a solution. These services are helpful, especially for traditional businesses that have always relied on conventional marketing models. AI can help any marketing campaign succeed by planning everything from conversion to customer loyalty. It gives a profit to organizations that are fully leveraging AI over their competitors. AI can also help small businesses save money and increase profitability. The marketers can use these services to spot the latest trends and predict them for the future.
What is Artificial Intelligence (AI) Marketing?
AI marketing uses artificial intelligence technologies that are usually based on data collection, data analysis, and the observations of the audience and economic trends. AI can impact marketing efforts, especially where speed is essential.
According to 61% of the marketers, AI in marketing is crucial for their data strategy. AI can measure customer personalization and precision by allowing marketers to create a more unified marketing and analytics system and collect data and identify new customer segments.
These AI tools use customer profiles and data to understand how to communicate with them and when to send them the tailored messages. It ensures maximum efficiency by providing 24/7 non-tiring services. AI is mainly used where more marketing teams are required, but less human interaction is needed to perform tactical tasks.
Artificial intelligence plays a crucial role and helps marketers connect with their consumers. Here are some components of AI marketing that allows bridging the gap between the customer data collection and determination of the next step being taken for future campaigns:
How AI Used in Marketing & Advertising
- Bidding on Programmatic Media Buys: AI has a vital role in helping the marketing team decide where to place advertisements and messaging. It is done by updating user-related data such as location, interest, buyer intent, purchase history, and much more in real-time. It enables the marketing team to approach the right channel at the right time.
- Content generation: Artificial Intelligence can help marketers discover the most effective, trending content based on the behavior of the targeted audience. It improves the way a brand uses content marketing strategies to get more results. It also helps marketers figure out which content type works the best for their audience and allow them to create or share a suitable form of content. AI marketing tools are used widely to create as well as curate content.
- Email Marketing: AI also helps brands recognize the power of email marketing based on user behaviors. When specific actions are triggered, the marketers can send the relevant emails to customers’ inboxes with product recommendations and messaging based on customer’s behavior. Many AI-equipped tools can help marketers optimize their email campaigns to get maximum results.
- Select the Right Message: AI and machine learning can track which messages have appealed more to the customers to create a complete user profile. It helps the marketing team send a more personalized message to the user according to their preferences. It further helps them to increase conversion rates and improve customer’s experience.
- Granular Personalization: Today’s consumers expect high granular personalization. AI can help the marketing team to learn more about customer’s preferences on a more individual level. It can further help brands create a curated experience based on the customer’s unique tastes and preferences. It includes creating a more customized email and offers.
- Chatbots and Conversational Experiences: Artificial Intelligence in marketing has changed the way companies handle customer queries and provide customer services. This tool is convenient to use and offers a better user experience with improved semantic recognition, voice conversion technology, and language processing. The AI chatbots surpass the traditional practice of providing one-to-one service by delivering one-to-many support.
- Predictive Marketing Analytics: AI uses predictive analytics to help the marketing team make the most out of the coming data from the consumers. The analytics helps detect future behavior using algorithms, machine learning, models, and datasets. It can further support the marketing team to position the campaign based on the type of products a consumer might look for and its timing.
- Marketing Operations: AI in marketing can also help in increasing efficiency by automating tactical processes. It includes answering common customer queries, sorting marketing data, and conducting security authorizations. It provides the marketing team with more time to work on analytical and strategic work.
- Dynamic Pricing: Dynamic Pricing is one of the AI marketing strategies used to make a brand more competitive in the market. AI platforms can evaluate vast quantities of historical and competitive data to suggest the optimal prices for the products in real-time. It is pretty effective in retail and allows brands to adjust the price to boost sales, reflect demand, and edge out the competition.
- eCommerce: The eCommerce industry uses AI marketing strategies in online shopping to better engage with their customers and understand their requirements entirely. Machine learning can help marketers suggest better products, prices, deals, and offers to the customer. AI also helps online shopping platforms to provide accurate details to their customers.
- Data Analysis: The real-time data analysis of the campaigns run by the brand helps marketers reach the correct conclusions at the precise time. Additionally, it helps them make necessary changes to their marketing strategies to increase customer engagement and brand value.
- Real-time personalization: AI helps marketers use personalized marketing strategies to utilize consumer data to address their experiences. It can also be used to provide recommendations and leverage customer behavior by providing customized offers and deals. It helps convert a lead into a sale and build brand loyalty.
Benefits of Leveraging Artificial Intelligence in Marketing
- Increased Campaign ROI: AI can extract the most valuable insights from the user datasets and act on them in real-time. It can further help marketers to change their entire marketing program. AI platforms also make a quick decision to allocate funds across media channels and analyze the most effective Ad placements. It can help engage more audiences consistently.
- Better Customer Relationship & Real-Time Personalization: Artificial Intelligence can help marketers deliver customized messages to their customers at an appropriate point. For example, AI tools can identify risk customers and target them with relevant information to re-engage their interest in the brand.
- Enhanced Marketing Measurement: Many brands can’t keep up with the vast amount of data produced by digital campaigns. At this point, AI comes to the rescue of marketers. It can provide comprehensive analytics of the campaigns to show what’s working and what’s not. The brands can use it to allocate budget accordingly.
- Make Decisions Faster: AI can make most processes automated and conduct quick data analysis, which can help to reach a conclusion faster based on campaigns and customer context. Meanwhile, the team members can focus more on the strategic initiatives to later inform the AI-enabled campaigns. AI helps marketers make quick decisions and reach better choices using real-time analytics.
In recent years, AI has become an accessible tool for small and big businesses providing value to digital marketers. The presence of AI has helped them reach the right audience and increase the conversion rate. The businesses using AI the right way have the opportunity to lead the market and the institution that hasn’t yet used this tool in their marketing strategy stands no where closer to the market leaders.